Monday, January 17, 2011

Mmmmm. Bikram.

Last week, I started going to a Bikram yoga studio in Boulder. (I told you I wouldn't stop doing yoga.) My co-worker, Kate, and I go after work... it's a GREAT way to end my day. If you've never experienced a Bikram class, I highly recommend it. It's 90 minutes of pure bliss... Granted you sweat like crazy and your heart is racing a million miles an hour, but it is so cleansing and purifying and... just plain AWESOME!

But, be prepared. It's very addicting. I love how I feel during class, immediately after and even the next day. However, I have to be prepped for the class so I've been drinking liters upon liters of water so I don't pass out from the sheer heat!

I've been reading articles about whether it would help me get in shape and I think it definitely will. I've already been trying to cut back on my two weaknesses: booze and sugar. Between the cut backs and doing Bikram a few times a week, I think I'll be more prepared for my upcoming trip to Tahoe... and my 2011 goal to run a 5k! Wish me luck!!!

Another update: I've been walking the dogs almost every day! Although, this week we are puppy sitting. Walking three labs is significantly harder than two! So we'll see how this week goes! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment